START YOUR ALABAMA DIVORCE.
We make the divorce process in Alabama simple, fast and affordable.
We never sell "automated" divorce forms, only documents prepared by an experienced divorce specialist. Our experienced Alabama divorce team will review your information and prepare divorce papers specifically for your needs.
- Divorce specialist for Alabama handles your case.
- Every customer is backed by our 100% Court Acceptance Guarantee.
- We stay with you through the entire process, to help guide you through the Alabama divorce process.
- Over 20 years experience filing divorces in the Alabama court system
- 100% Court acceptance in the Alabama divorce/family court.
- Fast Process. Submit your order today and file your Alabama divorce tomorrow.
Information on filing a divorce in Alabama.
When we prepare your Alabama divorce papers, we will include all the provisions specific to your situation, whether it be for the division of property and debts, child custody, support or name changes. We ensure that your divorce forms are ready to sign and file with the court in Alabama. A Marital Settlement Agreement is included for free.
A divorce filed in the State of Alabama is a fairly simple process. We will provide step-by-step instructions, and our support department is always available to help you complete your Alabama divorce filing.
Before you file your divorce in Alabama, you should be aware of some of the laws regarding a divorce that is filed in the State of Alabama:
- You must be a resident of the State of Alabama for 6 months prior to filing your divorce. The divorce is filed with the circuit court in the county where you reside, or the county where the parties resided when separated. See more at Alabama Code Title 30 - Chapters: 2-4 and 2-5.
- A person in the military stationed in Alabama must reside in Alabama for 6 months before filing, of they can file in the home state of record.
- Most divorces are filed as a "no-fault" divorce, mostly based in the irretrievable breakdown of the marriage. Additional grounds, such as adultery, imprisonment, domestic abuse and others are available. See Alabama code - Title 30 - Chapters: 2-1 and 2-2 for a full list of "at-fault" grounds.
- Property and debt distribution in Alabama is based on equitable distribution.
- Alimony is dermined by the Judge's descretion, taking into affect the length of marriage, age of spouses, earning capacities, amoung other factors.
Alabama courts approve our divorce forms. You can file with confidence.
CHILD CUSTODY IN ALABAMA
Your children are the most important part of a divorce. We carefully prepare the custody provisions of your divorce papers to make sure all the specific information you request regarding the custody of your children is properly written in your divorce papers. We will include all the provisions for child custody, visitation and support pursuant to the laws in Alabama.
Alabama Child Custody, visitation and support.
Most couples are in agreement with the custody of their children. This is usually the best for your child(ren), as the parents have the knowledge to know what is best for the child(ren). If the court's get involved to make decisions, the court's in Alabama consider factors such as the physical, emotional, religious and social needs of the child.
In our questionnaire, we will ask you questions about the custody of your children, including who will be the primary custodial parent, visitation and support. This allows to to properly prepare the custody provisions of the divorce forms that will be filed with the court.
In a small number of cases, one parent will need special provisions, such as supervised visitation, or provisions for out-of-state travel. We will include all these necessary provisions.
Child support in Alabama can be an agreed upon amount or it can be pursuant to the Alabama child support guidelines. The Alabama child support guidlines takes into consideration the income of both parents, the parenting time, and determines the amount of support to be paid by the non-custodial parent.
PROPERTY DIVISION IN AN ALABAMA DIVORCE
If you have property and debts which have been acquired during the marriage, we will make sure the property division is outlined in your divorce documents. We will include an Alabama Marital Settlement Agreement to outline the division of the marital property and debts, including homes and investment accounts.
Division of marital property and debts.
Many customers have been separated and have already split their property, and made decisions on how the debts of the marriage will be paid.
Although most customer have already divided property, and don't require the divorce forms to include any division of property or debts, we can get as detailed as necessary. We handle the division of multiple homes and/or investment properties if needed.
When the parties can't agree on the division of property, the courts in Alabama will follow equitable distribution laws.
GET STARTED WITH YOUR ALABAMA DIVORCE
The questionnaire above will allow you to open an account and start the divorce process. Our experienced Alabama divorce team will prepare your filing documents and send them to you ready to sign and file with the court.
SIMPLE 3-STEP PROCESS: Complete the questionnaire, then review and sign your Alabama divorce forms, and file with the court. Our step-by-step instructions will help guide you through the process. Whether you have a simple divorce with no property or children, or a more complicated divorce, with alimony, children and property, your documents will be complete correctly and ready to present to the Court.
With more than 100,000 court document prepared over the past 20 years, we have the experience to make sure your Alabama divorce papers are correct.
Low Cost-Only S149
Our Alabama divorce team will make sure your documents are ready to file. We will prepare your document right - All for only $149.
You can file with confidence, we back every customer with a 100% money-back court acceptance guarantee.