START YOUR DELAWARE DIVORCE.
We make the divorce process in Delaware simple, fast and affordable.
We never sell "automated" divorce forms, only documents prepared by an experienced divorce specialist. Our experienced Delaware divorce team will review your information and prepare divorce papers specifically for your needs.
- Divorce specialist for Delaware handles your case.
- Every customer is backed by our 100% Court Acceptance Guarantee.
- We stay with you through the entire process, to help guide you through the Delaware divorce process.
- Over 20 years experience filing divorces in the Delaware family court system
- 100% Court acceptance in the Delaware Family Court.
- Fast Process. Submit your order today and file your Delaware divorce tomorrow.
Information on filing a divorce in Delaware.
When we prepare your Delaware divorce papers, we will include all the provisions specific to your situation, whether it be for the division of property and debts, child custody, support or name changes. We ensure that your divorce forms are ready to sign and file with the court in Delaware. A Marital Settlement Agreement is included for free.
A divorce filed in the State of Delaware is a fairly simple process. We will provide step-by-step instructions, and our support department is always available to help you complete your Delaware divorce filing.
Before you file your divorce in Delaware, you should be aware of some of the laws regarding a divorce that is filed in the State of Delaware:
- You must reside in the State of Delaware for 6 months or more before you can file a divorce with the Family Court.
- A person in the military stationed in Delaware must reside in Delaware for 6 months before filing., but has the option to file in their home state of record.
- Most divorces are filed as a "no-fault" divorce and the marriage is considered irretrievably broken as evidenced by (1) voluntary separation, (2) separation caused by the respondent's misconduct, (3) separation caused by respondent's mental illness, or (4) separation caused by incompatibility.
- Property and debt distribution in Delaware is based on equitable distribution.
- Alimony is dermined by the Judge's descretion, taking into affect the length of marriage, age of spouses, earning capacities, amoung other factors.
Delaware courts approve our divorce forms. You can file with confidence.
CHILD CUSTODY IN DELAWARE
Your children are the most important part of a divorce. We carefully prepare the custody provisions of your divorce papers to make sure all the specific information you request regarding the custody of your children is properly written in your divorce papers. We will include all the provisions for child custody, visitation and support pursuant to the laws in Delaware.
Delaware Child Custody, visitation and support.
Most couples are in agreement with the custody of their children. This is usually the best for your child(ren), as the parents have the knowledge to know what is best for the child(ren). If the court's get involved to make decisions, the court's in Delaware consider factors such as the physical, emotional, religious and social needs of the child.
In our questionnaire, we will ask you questions about the custody of your children, including who will be the primary custodial parent, visitation and support. This allows to to properly prepare the custody provisions of the divorce forms that will be filed with the court.
In a small number of cases, one parent will need special provisions, such as supervised visitation, or provisions for out-of-state travel. We will include all these necessary provisions.
Child support in Delaware can be an agreed upon amount or it can be pursuant to the Delaware child support guidelines. The Delaware child support guidlines takes into consideration the income of both parents, the parenting time, and determines the amount of support to be paid by the non-custodial parent.
PROPERTY DIVISION IN AN DELAWARE DIVORCE
If you have property and debts which have been acquired during the marriage, we will make sure the property division is outlined in your divorce documents. We will include an Delaware Marital Settlement Agreement to outline the division of the marital property and debts, including homes and investment accounts.
Division of marital property and debts.
Delaware is considered an "equitable distribution" state. This means that if the parties can't come to an agreement, the property and debts acquired during the term of the marriage will be split equitably.
Many customers have been separated and have already split their property, and made decisions on how the debts of the marriage will be paid.
Although most customer have already divided property, and don't require the divorce forms to include any division of property or debts, we can get as detailed as necessary. We handle the division of multiple homes and/or investment properties if needed.
When the parties can't agree on the division of property, the courts in Delaware will follow equitable distribution laws.
GET STARTED WITH YOUR DELAWARE DIVORCE
The questionnaire above will allow you to open an account and start the divorce process. Our experienced Delaware divorce team will prepare your filing documents and send them to you ready to sign and file with the court.
SIMPLE 3-STEP PROCESS: Complete the questionnaire, then review and sign your Delaware divorce forms, and file with the court. Our step-by-step instructions will help guide you through the process. Whether you have a simple divorce with no property or children, or a more complicated divorce, with alimony, children and property, your documents will be complete correctly and ready to present to the Court.
With more than 100,000 court document prepared over the past 20 years, we have the experience to make sure your Delaware divorce papers are correct.
Low Cost-Only $149
Our Delaware divorce team will make sure your documents are ready to file. We will prepare your document right - All for only $149.
You can file with confidence, we back every customer with a 100% money-back court acceptance guarantee.