START YOUR SOUTH CAROLINA DIVORCE.
We make the divorce process in South Carolina simple, fast and affordable.
South Carolina Divorce - only $149
We never sell "automated" divorce forms, only documents prepared by an experienced divorce specialist. Our experienced South Carolina divorce team will review your information and prepare divorce papers specifically for your needs.
- Divorce specialist for South Carolina handles your case.
- Every customer is backed by our 100% Court Acceptance Guarantee.
- We stay with you through the entire process, to help guide you through the South Carolina divorce process.
- Over 20 years experience filing divorces in the South Carolina court system
- 100% Court acceptance in the South Carolina Family Court.
- Fast Process. Submit your order today and file your South Carolina divorce tomorrow.
Information on filing a divorce in South Carolina.
When we prepare your South Carolina divorce papers, we will include all the provisions specific to your situation, whether it be for the division of property and debts, child custody, support or name changes. We ensure that your divorce forms are ready to sign and file with the court in South Carolina. A Marital Settlement Agreement is included for free.
A divorce filed in the State of South Carolina is a fairly simple process. We will provide step-by-step instructions, and our support department is always available to help you complete your South Carolina divorce filing.
Before you file your divorce in South Carolina, you should be aware of some of the laws regarding a divorce that is filed in the State of South Carolina:
- You must reside in the State of South Carolina for a period of 1 year prior to filing a divorce.
- A person in the military stationed in South Carolina must reside in South Carolina for 1 year before filing.
- Most divorces are filed as a "no-fault" divorce based on living separate and apart for 1 year, but you can also file on the grounds of Adultery, physical cruelty, desertion for 1 year. (See South Carolina Code, Chapter 3; Sections 20-3-10)
- Property and debt distribution in South Carolina is based on equitable distribution.
- Alimony is dermined by the Judge's descretion, taking into affect the length of marriage, age of spouses, earning capacities, amoung other factors.
South Carolina courts approve our divorce forms. You can file with confidence.
CHILD CUSTODY IN SOUTH CAROLINA
Your children are the most important part of a divorce. We carefully prepare the custody provisions of your divorce papers to make sure all the specific information you request regarding the custody of your children is properly written in your divorce papers. We will include all the provisions for child custody, visitation and support pursuant to the laws in South Carolina.
South Carolina Child Custody, visitation and support.
Most couples are in agreement with the custody of their children. This is usually the best for your child(ren), as the parents have the knowledge to know what is best for the child(ren). If the court's get involved to make decisions, the court's in South Carolina consider factors such as the physical, emotional, religious and social needs of the child.
In our questionnaire, we will ask you questions about the custody of your children, including who will be the primary custodial parent, visitation and support. This allows to to properly prepare the custody provisions of the divorce forms that will be filed with the court.
In a small number of cases, one parent will need special provisions, such as supervised visitation, or provisions for out-of-state travel. We will include all these necessary provisions.
Child Support in South Carolina
Child support in South Carolina can be an agreed upon amount or it can be pursuant to the South Carolina child support guidelines. The South Carolina child support guidlines takes into consideration the income of both parents, the parenting time, and determines the amount of support to be paid by the non-custodial parent.
PROPERTY DIVISION IN AN SOUTH CAROLINA DIVORCE
If you have property and debts which have been acquired during the marriage, we will make sure the property division is outlined in your divorce documents. We will include an South Carolina Marital Settlement Agreement to outline the division of the marital property and debts, including homes and investment accounts.
Division of marital property and debts.
South Carolina is an "equitable distribution" state, meaning that if the court gets involved in the division of marital property, it will divide the property on what it deems as most fair. This doesn't mean equal distribution, but rather on what it feels is the most fair to both parties.
Many customers have been separated and have already split their property, and made decisions on how the debts of the marriage will be paid.
Although most customer have already divided property, and don't require the divorce forms to include any division of property or debts, we can get as detailed as necessary. We handle the division of multiple homes and/or investment properties if needed.
When the parties can't agree on the division of property, the courts in South Carolina will follow equitable distribution laws.
With more than 100,000 court document prepared over the past 20 years, we have the experience to make sure your South Carolina divorce papers are correct.
Low Cost-Only $149
Our South Carolina divorce team will make sure your documents are ready to file. We will prepare your document right - All for only $149.
You can file with confidence, we back every customer with a 100% money-back court acceptance guarantee.