START YOUR WEST VIRGINIA DIVORCE.
We make the divorce process in West Virginia simple, fast and affordable.
West Virginia Divorce - only $149
We never sell "automated" divorce forms, only documents prepared by an experienced divorce specialist. Our experienced West Virginia divorce team will review your information and prepare divorce papers specifically for your needs.
- Divorce specialist for West Virginia handles your case.
- Every customer is backed by our 100% Court Acceptance Guarantee.
- We stay with you through the entire process, to help guide you through the West Virginia divorce process.
- Over 20 years experience filing divorces in the West Virginia court system
- 100% Court acceptance in the West Virginia court.
- Fast Process. Submit your order today and file your West Virginia divorce tomorrow.
Information on filing a divorce in West Virginia.
When we prepare your West Virginia divorce papers, we will include all the provisions specific to your situation, whether it be for the division of property and debts, child custody, support or name changes. We ensure that your divorce forms are ready to sign and file with the court in West Virginia. A Marital Settlement Agreement is included for free.
A divorce filed in the State of West Virginia is a fairly simple process. We will provide step-by-step instructions, and our support department is always available to help you complete your West Virginia divorce filing.
Before you file your divorce in West Virginia, you should be aware of some of the laws regarding a divorce that is filed in the State of West Virginia:
- You must be a reside of the State of West Virginia for a period of 1 year prior to filing your divorce unless you were married in this State, where the residency requirement is waived.
- A person in the military stationed in West Virginia must reside in West Virginia for 1 year before filing.
- Most divorces are filed as a "no-fault" divorce (irreconciliable differences), but you can also file on the grounds of Adultery, conviction of a felony, incurable insanity, reasonable apprehension of bodily harm, and other grounds. See West Virginia Code, Sections: 48-5-202 and 48-5-209.
- Property and debt distribution in West Virginia is based on equitable distribution.
- Alimony is dermined by the Judge's descretion, taking into affect the length of marriage, age of spouses, earning capacities, amoung other factors.
West Virginia courts approve our divorce forms. You can file with confidence.
CHILD CUSTODY IN WEST VIRGINIA
Your children are the most important part of a divorce. We carefully prepare the custody provisions of your divorce papers to make sure all the specific information you request regarding the custody of your children is properly written in your divorce papers. We will include all the provisions for child custody, visitation and support pursuant to the laws in West Virginia.
West Virginia Child Custody, visitation and support.
Most couples are in agreement with the custody of their children. This is usually the best for your child(ren), as the parents have the knowledge to know what is best for the child(ren). If the court's get involved to make decisions, the court's in West Virginia consider factors such as the physical, emotional, religious and social needs of the child.
In our questionnaire, we will ask you questions about the custody of your children, including who will be the primary custodial parent, visitation and support. This allows to to properly prepare the custody provisions of the divorce forms that will be filed with the court.
In a small number of cases, one parent will need special provisions, such as supervised visitation, or provisions for out-of-state travel. We will include all these necessary provisions.
Child support in West Virginia can be an agreed upon amount or it can be pursuant to the West Virginia child support guidelines. The West Virginia child support guidlines takes into consideration the income of both parents, the parenting time, and determines the amount of support to be paid by the non-custodial parent.
PROPERTY DIVISION IN AN WEST VIRGINIA DIVORCE
If you have property and debts which have been acquired during the marriage, we will make sure the property division is outlined in your divorce documents. We will include an West Virginia Marital Settlement Agreement to outline the division of the marital property and debts, including homes and investment accounts.
Division of marital property and debts.
Many customers have been separated and have already split their property, and made decisions on how the debts of the marriage will be paid.
Although most customer have already divided property, and don't require the divorce forms to include any division of property or debts, we can get as detailed as necessary. We handle the division of multiple homes and/or investment properties if needed.
When the parties can't agree on the division of property, the courts in West Virginia will follow equitable distribution laws.
GET STARTED WITH YOUR WEST VIRGINIA DIVORCE
The questionnaire above will allow you to open an account and start the divorce process. Our experienced West Virginia divorce team will prepare your filing documents and send them to you ready to sign and file with the court.
SIMPLE 3-STEP PROCESS: Complete the questionnaire, then review and sign your West Virginia divorce forms, and file with the court. Our step-by-step instructions will help guide you through the process. Whether you have a simple divorce with no property or children, or a more complicated divorce, with alimony, children and property, your documents will be complete correctly and ready to present to the Court.
With more than 100,000 court document prepared over the past 20 years, we have the experience to make sure your West Virginia divorce papers are correct.
Low Cost-Only $149
Our West Virginia divorce team will make sure your documents are ready to file. We will prepare your document right - All for only $149.
You can file with confidence, we back every customer with a 100% money-back court acceptance guarantee.